Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Modgepodge!

Homework, homework, homework. That was the theme of my weekend. I had no idea how many projects would be assigned during this semester... It is borderline crazy.

I am getting used to waking up at 5:45am on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I usually make it all the way through the school day before I start getting tired... but once I get home is a whole different story. I have to constantly find things to do or I would pass out at 5pm. I am just glad to have the weekends to catch up on my sleep.

Last Tuesday I had a meeting with my student teacher advisor and turned in my forms to student teach in Whitehouse ISD. As long as everything works out between the district and A&M, which I am 90% sure it will, then I will be in Tyler next semester! It's still not a done deal... but it is pretty close. (The worst part is that I don't even know when I will know for sure.) I am really excited but I am also really nervous. That means that I will only be in College Station until early May. Yikes. Luckily I will have ample opportunities to visit next semester!

Now to a less serious note...

We are going to go back in time a little bit... all the way to the super bowl! I went over to a friends house to watch the game (which I didn't even care about)... but I made these strawberries! This is what made the super bowl fun for me! I  have wanted to make these all season, but I decided to wait until the very last game :)

Yum! 

Last Sunday Matt and I ran 3.1 miles. We didn't get to go to Dallas to run the 5k we planned on going to, but we still ran the distance we had set out to run. On Friday I am running the Glow 5k here at A&M. It is at night! I am really excited! I'll give you an update afterwards to let you know how it goes.

Baseball season has officially started! Opening day at Olsen Field at Blue Bell Park was Friday evening. Matt and a few of our friends braved the cold and the rain and got us awesome (DRY) seats. The game was so much fun! It ended up getting rained out before the end, but that's ok! I can't wait until 'warm' baseball season gets here though. Here is a look at the new stadium... It is really nice!
Before

After... pretty crazy!

Over the weekend I wrote 2 in-depth lesson plans, wrote 3 short essays for a quiz, completed a questioning activity, and ... well ... just did a lot of homework! I am glad those things are over! I just hope there isn't another weekend where that much stuff is due all at the same time again.

I have been trying to study for my certification exams. It isn't going to well. I am getting nervous about the tests. I kind of just wish I could take them so I could get them over with.

It was a long weekend.. but it was good to get caught up on my to-do list. Thanks for sticking with me  through yet another modgepodge post! Have a fantastic week!

P.S. I saw this stamp at Michaels ... it made me smile!


P.S.S. Congratulations to Emily and Aaron Nix (Jillian's sister and brother-in-law) on the arrival of their precious baby boy, Shepherd! He was born yesterday afternoon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment