Friday, January 20, 2012

Bingo and Bundts


I’m back in College Station and semi back into the usual routine. I got back in town Monday afternoon and classes started Tuesday bright and early at 8am. I am really excited about my classes this semester and can’t wait until I get to go to the elementary school in 2 weeks. My professors seem really nice… always a plus! This semester I am going to have about 90 million projects and lesson plans… which isn’t thrilling but I can’t wait to get started on them!

It has been super good to see all of my friends, especially my wonderful roommates! We have been so chatty this week which is probably a good thing since we will most likely get much more busy as we get further into the semester! Last night Katherine and I went to BINGO with Matt and a few of his friends! We had SO much fun! I never knew how intense Bingo was! They call the numbers out about every 5-8 seconds and you have 12 cards to check… let me just say, you get a little dizzy! Oh ya… and if you don’t call “bingo” after the number you win with it doesn’t count!!! Unfortunately no one we knew won but we still had a super good time! Then we met up with Jillian and had frozen yogurt… delish! Today Jillian and I went on a cleaning spree and cleaned almost the whole house… including our carpets (or as Hayden now calls it Maroon Madness… I have to agree with that name for sure). Also, I was so tired of our makeshift doormat that I went to Pier1 and bought this really cute rug! It just adds a little color to our house! Then we decided we wanted to make Katherine’s Camp Cake (chocolate chip bundt cake). To make ourselves feel less guilty about eating a cake we rode our bikes to HEB to get the ingredients we were missing. It was definitely worth it! Best cake I have EVER eaten!

The not so fun, but still exciting, part of my week was a meeting I had on Wednesday morning. This meeting was to talk about our field placements at the elementary schools and registering for the teacher certification exams. The stuff about field placements was fine and dandy… but the certification exams, not so much. EK! This just made me realize how close I am to actually taking these tests and how much studying I need to do… add that on top of all of my projects I mentioned earlier. I will probably be taking the Generalist EC-6 test in late March and the ESL test in late April! I just found out this week that I qualify to take the ESL exam, which hopefully I can pass and become ESL certified! That is definitely a plus in the teaching market at this time! I just got really stressed out about this because of all the unknowns… Any teachers out there with study tips PLEASE let me know! :)

Also, I find out on Tuesday what school and what grade I will be in this semester. Last semester I was in a 5th grade classroom. That wouldn’t have been my first choice, but I learned a lot. I am just hoping this semester I am with the younger students. We will see!

Overall this has been a great first week of school… especially since it was so short (thanks to Martin Luther King)! This semester is going to be incredibly long (with tons of work) but incredibly short (last semester in CS yikes) … However, I think it is going to be a good one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment