Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Camp Cake!

If you typically read my blog then you have probably heard of The Camp Cake! It is a terribly delicious cake! I'm not exactly sure how to explain it, but it is a chocolate bundt cake with a twist. Katherine got the recipe from a family that she worked with at her camp (hence the name) last summer. She shared it with Jillian and I at the beginning of the semester and it was AMAZING! I love it so much, I thought I'd share the recipe with you!

The Camp Cake!
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake… A Gilmore Family Favorite!

Ingredients:
1 box of yellow cake mix (pudding in the mix works well)
1 small box of instant chocolate pudding
3/4 c. of sugar
3/4 c. of oil
3/4 c. of water
4 eggs
8 oz. of sour cream
Small bag of regular semi-sweet chocolate chips (mini chips are okay too)


Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine cake mix, pudding, and sugar and mix well.
Add oil and water and mix well.
Add eggs and mix.
Add sour cream and mix.
Add chocolate chips and mix.
  
Grease a Bundt pan well with Pam and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Freezes well. 

ENJOY!

Here are a couple examples of the finished product... :)



On a side note, the entire thing was eaten EVERY time! In fact... I want to make the cake right now... but unfortunately my mom's kitchen is going through a serious remodel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment