Saturday, December 29, 2012

Long Time, No See!

It has been over 3 months since my last post. It seems like it has been a year. If I were to try to tell you everything that has happened since my last post you would have to read a novel. So here are some quick bullet points :) SO MUCH has happened since August! It is crazy!

  • Student Teaching!- It was amazing! I had such a great experience thanks to my wonderful mentor teacher and team teacher! I could not have asked for a better semester. I wish I could share every little story about my sweet third graders, but I can't. Here are just a couple!
    • Hero Day- One of my third grade friends came up to me and told me that she was going to dress up as me for her hero. I was honored to have a student say that, but I thought to myself... How in the worlds is she going to dress up as me? The next day all of the students came to school dressed as their heroes. I dressed as a doctor because of my dad. My sweet little friend came as a little Ms. Hargrove. Black pants, little heels, hair braided back, cute little top with a cami... it was perfect! It was so sweet! To be called a hero is an honor. I hope I was a hero to each of my third graders. I know they were heroes to me. 


    • Little longhorn friend- You might think in third grade, college football is not an issue. Well for this one friend, it was how we bonded! As most of you know, I am a big time aggie and my students quickly figured this out. At some points, talking about the aggies got a little bit out of control. One time we were playing around the world with multiplication and this particular friend told me that if he beat me I had to sing Texas Fight (which I don't even know, by the way). I was like no, no, no... It's not a contest! Well to him it was, and I had to beat him 5 times to finally admit that I didn't have to sing Texas Fight. This was the letter he wrote to me when I had to leave. *Please note, this was before the A&M vs. Alabama game!

I wrote him a letter telling him how much I enjoyed talking football with him, especially since that aggies had such a good season, and that I was proud of him for always sticking up for his team. This is how he responded after the Alabama game.. I love it! 



There were so many great things about my student teaching experience and the students' personalities was just the icing on the cake! I miss them all so much!
  • Graduation!!!- I can't believe I am graduate of Texas A&M University! My 4 (and a half) years FLEW by! Here are a couple of pictures from graduation!
Kyndall, Meagan, and I 

The Family

Matt and I

Matt's Family

  • Acceptance to Graduate School- I applied for and was accepted to Graduate School for a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction at Texas A&M. This is an online program and I am really excited about it. I will not start taking classes until the summer or fall of 2013.. you will see why in the next bullet.

  • KINDERGARTEN!- I had what seems like about million interviews for jobs this semester. Thanks to my good friend Kyndall, I finally found the perfect position for me! I will be a Kindergarten teacher at Houston Elementary School in Bryan, TX starting January 7! I am so very excited for this next adventure, but I am also very nervous! I got to meet the kids just before Winter Break and now I am preparing for the semester! I have so much to do in just a little more than a week. 

As you can see, the last three months brought a lot of new adventures! I have graduated from college, gotten a job, and have plans to continue my education! I am so very excited for this next chapter of my life and I can't wait to see how it unfolds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment