Friday, July 13, 2012

12 Goal Updates

Once again... my blog has been neglected. Thanks to all of my readers who still take the time to check to see if I post! I'd like to say I will get better, but summer just seems to be running away.

Here is a quick update on my goals from the beginning of the year... I just wanted to see how I was doing and what I need to work harder on!

12 Goals for 2012
  1. Graduate from college… (should be easy… right?) Still working on it... but I have made a lot of progress by passing ALL of my teaching certification exams! Now all I have to do is complete 60 days of student teaching! WHOOP!
  2. Get a job teaching … (this one is kind of a duh! but with the way jobs in the teaching field are going this one could be tough) See #1... I went to a career fair! Thats a start! AND I made a resume! I begin the application process SOON!
  3. Eat healthier… (avoid fast food, sodas, and fried foods) Suprisingly... I have done REALLY well in this area! Occasionally I eat fast food or have a soda... but I am much more cautious about it! I went all of lent only drinking water, which was a huge accomplishment for me! Summer has been killer because I have access to sodas and fast food much more often, but I am trying my best to stay away!
  4. Begin a regular exercise schedule… (occasionally I go for a run, but I want to be more consistent) I have done okay so far on this. I am not totally consistent, but I have gotten better. I still want to get better at this before the end of the year! Crossfit has definitely helped me be more consistent!
  5. Run a 5K, 10K, and a half marathon … (eek. This may be hard because of how busy I am going to be this year, but there is no excuse not to get this done! This was one of my goals for last year… I ran a 5K but never made it to the 10K or the half.) So far I have ran three 5Ks! WHOOP! I even placed third in my age group in the 5k I ran on July 4th in Arkansas! However, I need to keep running (see #4) to be able to do the 10K and the half. I still have 6 months! I CAN do it!
  6. Be positive ALL of the time! … (this is something I harp on a lot because I think it is one of the most important qualities of being happy… but sometimes I struggle with being positive in stressful situations.) Again... I have done surprisingly well in this area. Of course I am not perfect... not even close, but I try to think of things from different perspectives when I am being negative! That really helps! 
  7. Be patient … (this includes all areas of my life… school, family, friends, and faith) Oh, patience. I'm working on it. But overall I think I have been very patient... and, more importantly, very grateful for what I have at this moment. 
  8. Be spontaneous … (or maybe even plan-taneous) I would say I have been somewhat spontaneous. Random trips here and there... but we STILL HAVEN'T GONE TO KRISPY KREME! (you know who you are!) 
  9. Go on fun dates … (this kind of goes along with spontaneous) I have definitely been on some fun dates (Dallas, movie nights, snow cones, Ring Dance, circus, etc)... but it never hurts to have more ;)
  10. Do my hair and make up more … (aka don’t look like a zombie when I go to class) I definitely failed at this for my A&M classes. However, I have done my hair and make up more overall! I had to do it in the fall on Wednesday and Thursday for my field experience, but I also did it on nights and weekends! I am not looking forward to having to do my hair every morning next semester... but I better get used to it. I don't know why I dread fixing my hair so much... it's kind of dumb now that I think about it.
  11. Communicate more with my friends that don’t live near me … (this is so hard but it is something I HAVE to get better at!) FAIL! I have been a complete and total failure in this area! I MUST MUST MUST get better at this, ESPECIALLY since I am living at home now! I don't know why this seems to be so hard for me!
  12. Strive to live and love like the Lord has taught us to. This, of course, is something we can ALWAYS get better at! I hope that over the past six months I have grown closer to the Lord and I pray that as the year goes on that special relationship continues to grow.
I still have a lot of things that I need to do before the end of the year! I am glad that I went back and looked at the goals that I set for myself at the beginning of the year! I can see improvements I have made and I know what I need to work on! Thanks for sticking with me and for the encouragement you provide! (I should add a new goal... post on my blog more! I will be working on that as well!)


No comments:

Post a Comment