Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Aggie Rings, Bluebonnets, and Colorful Eggs

Aggie Ring Day was a blast! Matt's mom and sister came into College Station and his brother, Sam, and his girlfriend Kellie joined us to pick up Matt's ring. Even Bryan came into to town to experience this great aggie tradition... as we all know, Bryan wishes he was an aggie :P. After getting Matt's ring, we had crawfish... Matt's FAVORITE! (I had a hot dog) Here are a few pictures from Ring Day!

Before his ring... Not much longer!

Signing for his ring!

Matt's mom presenting him with his ring!

Does it fit?!

WHOOP!

Little ring made of gold! 

 

Gig 'em!

So proud of him! 


Matt and his wonderful mom!

Evan and Matt... It's a bromance

Pretty Aggie Rings!


Next thing I knew... It was Easter weekend! 
My family went to Dallas to have dinner with Wes and Laura on Saturday night. We stopped to see the bluebonnets in Mesquite! I have wanted to do this all season and luckily we did that day because I think they are all dead now. 


On Sunday we went to church and then had lunch. It was a very small quiet Easter this year. I made deviled egss (like always), but this time I dyed the egg white Easter colors! This is how they turned out!

Thanks Foodjimoto for the idea!

We had a delicious Easter lunch that included pork roast, scalloped potatoes, broccoli, and much more!

Then I went to Matt's and we had crawfish... again ;). Oh ya, and we watched the Masters! Way to go Bubba!

The best part about Easter... Jesus! He died for our sins and rose from the dead! What could be more amazing than that?! 
Love THIS song! 
Christ is Risen by Matt Maher

Christ is risen from the dead
Trampling over death by death
Come awake, come awake!
Come and rise up from the grave!

Christ is risen from the dead
We are one with him again
Come awake, come awake!
Come and rise up from the grave!

Oh death! Where is your sting?
Oh hell! Where is your victory?
Oh Church! Come stand in the light!
The glory of God has defeated the night!

Oh death! Where is your sting?
Oh hell! Where is your victory?
Oh Church! Come stand in the light!
Our God is not dead, he's alive! he's alive!

So powerful!

Now I am back in College Station. This is my LAST WEEK in my first grade class! I am glad to be done and moving onto the next step... but I am really going to miss my kiddos! 

I find out April 18 what grade and which school I will be student teaching at! I can't wait!

I take my ESL Certification Exam on April 21st. I have started studying.. but I need to get on top of that! I can't wait for this test to be over!

A little more than a month until I am in paradise again!! Watercolor, FL... Literally cannot wait!! 
Love this quote to get me ready for summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment